La préhistoire en Lorraine
si vous souhaitez participer aux discussions de ce forum, comme par exemple poster vos découvertes lithiques, n'hésitez-pas à vous inscrire, sinon il vous suffit de fermer cette fenêtre.

Rejoignez le forum, c’est rapide et facile

si vous souhaitez participer aux discussions de ce forum, comme par exemple poster vos découvertes lithiques, n'hésitez-pas à vous inscrire, sinon il vous suffit de fermer cette fenêtre.
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le Deal du moment : -34%
-34% LG OLED55B3 – TV OLED 4K 55″ 2023 ...
Voir le deal
919 €

Pagan god 'caught' in river by fisherman confirmed as being up to 4,200 years old and 'unique'

Pagan god 'caught' in river by fisherman confirmed as being up to 4,200 years old and 'unique' Empty Pagan god 'caught' in river by fisherman confirmed as being up to 4,200 years old and 'unique'

Message  Admin Jeu 29 Sep 2016 - 7:29

By The Siberian Times reporter
16 September 2016
Likely from the Okunev culture, might this mysterious ancient figurine with the angry face be a children's 'rattle', to ward off evil spirits? 
Pagan god 'caught' in river by fisherman confirmed as being up to 4,200 years old and 'unique' Information_items_4551
'We can say that this figurine is unique, as nothing identical has been found so far. Picture: Pavel German & Vladimir Bobrov

The 'very distinctive expression of ferocity and rage' never seen before among ancient Siberian statuettes, say experts.
Fisherman Nikolay Tarasov, 55, made the remarkable Bronze Age 'catch' when he dipped his net in the Dudet River near his home in Tisul, Kemerovo region, on a fishing expedition for tench and carp. 
Instead of a fish, he netted a strangely shaped stone - a fossilised figurine - the catch of a lifetime. 'I was about to throw it back in the water - but at the last second I looked at it more closely,' he said. 
'And I saw a face. I stopped and washed the thing in the river - and realised it wasn't a stone of an unusual shape, as I thought earlier - but a statuette.'
It has almond shaped eyes, a large mouth with full lips, and a ferocious facial expression. 
Pagan god 'caught' in river by fisherman confirmed as being up to 4,200 years old and 'unique' Information_items_1501

http://siberiantimes.com/science/casestudy/features/f0256-pagan-god-caught-in-river-by-fisherman-confirmed-as-being-up-to-4200-years-old-and-unique/
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://revivre-la-prehistoire.wifeo.com/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas